If you're not following @GridironHistory
on Twitter, why not? You may learn a thing or two about your favorite team!
By now, I'm sure you've seen the random statistics that we push over to our @GridironHistory
Twitter account. These updates are generated directly from our database, once an hour. Currently, we are serving fact based on the following COMPLETED conferences: All DI-A schools and a couple DI-AA/DIII schools
If you see any issues with HOW the facts are presented, please open a brand new forum thread in our GH Site Comments & Questions
forum. We'll get the issue addressed there. If you notice incorrect information regarding the data itself, please read THIS THREAD
for how to properly report inconsistencies/errors.
ALL facts are reflective of ON FIELD records and do not factor in forfeits or vacated games. Just an FYI, the team that this record for is always indicated by Twitter's Hash Tag (the pound sign: #TEAMNAME) without spaces.
We are currently generating the following random facts:
- Team vs. Team - Team versus Team records (including Conference Games), including the last time played.
- Team Overtime Records - Games where the indicated team has played beyond regulation periods.
- Team at City - Team's final records at the indicated city.
- First Game - When the indicated team played their first game, who, where and the final result.
- Shutouts - Whether your team is on the giving end or the receiving end of a shutout game, we have their records now coming through, including their last shutout.
- Team Record in Bowl/Playoffs games - Doesn't matter if it's a Bowl game or a Playoff game. We got those stats for you!
- Team Records by Decades - Overall, Conference, Shutouts, Overtime, Conference Championships and Classics. You want 'em? We got 'em, broken down by decade!
A note about who we follow: We will always answer any questions where our name is done via a @mention, however, we try to keep the people that we follow limited to official media people and official twitter accounts for each school that is associated with the Athletics Department or the Football Team leadership (Coaches and Sports Information Directors/SID teams). Please do not be offended if we don't follow you; this is a professional account, and as such, we do limit who we follow accordingly. Again, we will always interact with anyone and everyone that does a @mention on us, and we do welcome all constructive feedback.
Reminder: These facts are pushed over to Twitter automatically, without human intevention. If you have a question, please send a reply (or do a new tweet) and mention @BearlyDoug
. I'll respond from there.
Thanks for stopping by!